From April 27The tenth Most of the 2022 Social Security offices have started offering their services face to face again. This includes attending an office without arranging an appointment in advance. If you prefer, you do not have to apply for Social Security benefits online. If you already have an appointment, would like to speak to an agent, or would like to cancel or change an appointment, you can do so by calling your nearest Social Security office or the following number between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday: 1-800 -772-1213 (TTY line 1-800-325-0778)
How to find the Social Security Administration office closest to you
If you do not already know your local Social Security office address, you can find this information on the Social Security Administration (SSA) website at www.ssa.gov
Steps to follow:
- In the upper left corner of the website, you need to click on “Menu”.
- To the right of the menu, click “Contact Us”.
- On this page, click on the “Find an office” link.
- You then need to type in your zip code.
It will save the zip you typed The local address of your Social Security office, opening hours, phone number, toll-free number, and driving directions to get to the office.
If you do not wish to apply for benefits online, or for any reason you wish to speak to an agent, you may call the following number to schedule, change or cancel an appointment by: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY line 1- 800-325-0778) from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
How to get help with your claim
SSA’s website at www.ssa.gov It provides useful information to help you with your claim.
However, if you cannot find the help you need from the website, contact Your local Social Security office or national 800 number (1-800-772-1213) from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. local time. If you are able to call the national 800 number between 4pm and 7pm local time, you can expect a faster response.
If no one is available to help you when you call your local office or 800, you can expect to schedule a face-to-face appointment at your local office or over the phone. There are some delays due to the limitation of the number of agents available at any time to assist you.
What you should do before visiting
You are expected to take into account the following:
- Provide a self-assessment checklist so you can determine if it is safe for you to attend the office.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask, and if you do not have one, a mask will be handed to you upon your arrival. Hand sanitizer is also available for your use.
- If room in the office is limited, you may be asked to queue outside.
- If you do not need any assistance and are mobile enough to attend, you must attend on your own. If you need help, you may have an adult come with you, and children are welcome too.
- If you haven’t arranged an appointment in advance, waiting lists can usually be long after a federal holiday and 1Street A week out of every month.
Get help with your claim
It is in your best interests to arrange a meeting with a Social Security attorney before submitting a disability benefit claim. This helps ensure that you are eligible for a disability benefit. Your attorney may be able to help you gather the evidence you need to support your claim, as well as ensure that your claim is submitted before the deadline.
Fill out your FREE Status Assessment today.